Pages

Friday, February 25, 2022

 In the morning we learned from the news that the Russians had hit the airport in Rivne with two missiles. The Russians are already heading to Ukraine in columns. Kyiv is being bombarded with missiles. People hide and escape either in the subway or basements. I've called to my school friend Volodymyr in Lutsk. His daughter and granddaughter left Kyiv at night, but had not yet reached Lutsk until the morning. In the morning they were somewhere in the Novograd-Volynsky area.

****
I filled my car up to a full tank. Gasoline costs 35 UAH/liter. There was almost no line at a regular gas station. All the filling lines were hired, but I was a second in the line. There was also only one car behind me. At the OKKO branded gas station the line of cars was about 50 meters long. It is possible that people want to fill their cars with diesel. There is a big shortage of diesel now. In my car, the sensor showed that with a full tank of gasoline I can drive 700 kilometers.
*****
    There was news on the Internet that an air alarm warning had been announced over the Rivne region, but I found out about this after the white alert was announced. All day, I missed the air alerts twice.
        Our neighbor Lena K. said that they called her from the territorial defense headquarters and asked that in the evening the lights in the apartments from the 3rd to the 5th floor be turned off. (Our house is 5-story).
        According to news reports, the Russians lost 10 air jets, 7 helicopters, approximately 30 tanks, 516 armored vehicles and more than 2,800 soldiers in two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment